Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I love my mom


Many of you know I am the only girl in my family. Growing up I wished from time to time that I had a sister like all of my friends. That would never last that long because I have the worlds best mom. Who was not only my mom but my best friend.
My mom was always mom first but best friend was so close. I could always talk to her about anything growing up and even now I still do. I can only think of one time when I was like oh my gosh I don't like my mom and that was my only 17 year old fault. (don't stay out to late or your mom will come get you a 2am from your boyfriends house)
My friends always felt welcome in our home and could talk easy with my mom. Even if she caught you making out she would still love you. Right Erin. Or if you wanted to drive past a boys house she was on it.
I have been so lucky to have such a wonderful mother like her. Over the past 6 years our friendship has grown even more. She was the one who would rub my tired fat feet when I was great with child. She was also the one that said, " Nancy I love you and know your sad but you need to get out of bed put down the cookies and live." We would go on walks after work everyday. She went to my baby classes with me she was and still is my rock.
I am going to miss her so much when we move. I know I am only ten minutes away from her but I have only been 10 steps away from her. Its going to be hard and I will miss her like crazy.
I hope if I have a daughter some day I can be as good as a mom to her as my mom is to me. I love you mom. Thanks for being the worlds best mom and best friend all in one!

9 comments:

Nedra said...

Oh my gosh Nancy,I would be so happy if my kids loved me as much as you love your mom. She is as good as sister as she is mom, I promise! You are lucky and so is she!
Love you both!!

Tiffany said...

Nancy that totally made me cry!! Your mom is awesome. I think that the Sorensen men know how to pickem'

Rachel said...

Sweetest post, Nancy! I have the same kind of relationship with my mom, and I gotta tell ya... living 2000 miles away SUCKS! I hope for the same kind of relationship with both my girls too.

Ashlee said...

How nice of my mom to think her kids don't love her that much. GEESH- what do we need to do a blog post about it or something?!?

Your mom is awesome- so is ours- maybe it started with Gma Murph? :) Maybe it's the sister thing, but I always felt the same way and I'm thankful to have her close by.

I'm sure she'll miss you... and Zack (or maybe miss Zack and you, too? That's the order it is with my family, they'd miss my kids way more than me!) but you'll always have a great relationship. And as you have more kids, it will grow even more. Now you know why I can't leave Oregon, huh?

Hope things are coming along well with all the plans. It's getting close!

Seth Ollerton said...

Seth and I were just talking about Karen the other day and I told him that I wanted to have the same relationship with Mia that you and your Mom have. I loved your house for many reasons, the candy dish mostly, and I have many fond memories of Karen.

Unknown said...

It is way to early in the morning for me to be crying already! You are so sweet and you're right your mom is amazing. I am sure it will be hard but you two love each other so much that you'll make it.

Sara H. said...

I feel the same way about my mom! Isn't it great to have wonderful mom's?!

Erin S. said...

you do have such a great mom!

Aly G said...

K what a sweet bit about your mom! Arent you so glad for moms?! You and your mom are both absolutely darlilng. Love ya