Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Was having a baby our way of saying Thank You?

The other day I had a strange thought. Do parents think we have children to thank them? I mean when you stop and think about it we have a lot to say thank you for. You know you have to say thank you for the watermelon green guess shorts you had to have in 5th grade. Thank you for the 2 years of braces with out i may never have had a date. Thank you for not killing me when I came home at three o'clock when I should have been home at mid night. ( Even if you did fall asleep watching dumb and dumber. Come on mom like I would be making out.)

Its like everything you ever did wrong growing up is now ok because you gave them someone new to love. Someone who will laugh at everything you say and thinks you are the smartest person in all the world.

When is the last time anyone walked into your house asking for you? No not going to happen. Its were is the little man, Zack-man, tiny little man, bees or any of the other little things they like to call him. Parents are not the only ones in on this. I know my brothers are just as bad. Maybe it is away of saying sorry I was such a cry baby and got you into so much trouble growing up. ( even if you did shave barbies head mike) But look I have this kid who thinks that I earth turns because of the two of you. Not only that but truly believes that you are his brothers. You guys are way cooler then boring old mom. Anything you ever do or say is the best.

Yes I am so glad I have this little man. He is the reason I am who I am today. There is nothing more I love in this world more then being a mom, and would never give birth just to say thank you to anyone. I am just not that nice, but if it checks off some of the crazy stuff I did back in the day then I guess I better say thank you to Zack!

1 comment:

Jen Bird said...

K so not only did that totally make me tear up because I totally feel the same way, but I was literally laughing to myself, well and Presley. I love what you wrote in you "about me" part. I even called Devin in to read it. You seriously are a comedian and I love that about you!! lOVE YOUR BLOG.