Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Melt My Heart

Over the last five years dating has not been my favorite thing. I have had more then my share of BAD dates in fact I don't even think bad is the right word to use. When some one lets you know over dinner they have a problem with porn, not a great start.
Anyway things have changed for me in the last while. I always believed that there were good guys out there in the world, seeing how all my friends have found great ones and cousins, having two great brothers I knew I couldn't give up hope just yet. I guess the point I am trying to make is that I found someone great.( No I am not getting married) When you are a single mom you look for a few things that you might not have known to look for when your younger. First and for most they have to love kids, and not just any kid your kid. It is so nice to be with someone who understands that bed times are a must and that things will come up at the last second.
I unlike some divorced people am on good terms with my ex( by the way I hate that term that is why I always just say Jake) It is nice to know that who I am with understand this and is good with it, Danny is not just good with it he is great I feel so lucky for that. I am a little nervous to write this post because I don't want to put a Jinx on a good thing but it has to be done. I again am one lucky girl. I could go on and on but think I better just stop now.
This picture is the whole reason for this post. Look at them reading away. What more could I wish for?



11 comments:

Kami Su said...

I don't know what to say except your post and seeing those pictures has put me to tears. It is so sweet, you are so sweet, Danny is, Zack is, what more can I say? I am so glad you shared this.

Brooke Wheeler said...

Nancy! I think this is the cutest post I have ever seen on your blog. I love Danny too so much and I am so glad he is my Uncle. I couldn't ask for a better Uncle. He is so nice. That is so cute! We all miss Zack so much! Tell him thanks for his cards he sent us! Oh and can you get on my blog? cuz i have some of my haircut pics on it! 11 inches I cut off!
Love you tonz!

Unknown said...

Oh, my heck. Those pictures need to be published!!!! Oh, adorable. WOW!!!!!!!!!! Well, my fingers are crossed for you guys. All I have to say is that if it doesn't work out....it's not because you're not both the BEST people ever. It's like if loving you two is wrong, I don't want to be right!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha. Is that the funniest quote ever or what? Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!

Vanessa Jane said...

that just melted my heart reading it.!

Jill said...

Thanks, Danny, for taking such great care of my Nancy and the little man,Zack ... my "nephew." Nancy ... we love and miss you guys tons! Good luck with everything and we can't wait to see you again ... hopefully soon!

Erin S. said...

k i really did just get a little teary eyed. i am sure that danny knows hows lucky he is to have you in his life. you're the best nancy!

Jen Bird said...

K, Brooke just asked me if I saw the 'post about Danny' and I hadn't so I hurried and jumped online to see. K, that is the sweetest post ever and like everyone else, I got totally choked up! Plus, those pictures are priceless! You, Danny, and Zack are three of the nicest, most thoughtful, funnest people I know. Just love ya!

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

Nancy... way to go just say it how it is and let other see how wonderful life can be. your great and I think danny is too.

Kim said...

Ahh, I have goosebumps! I am so glad that you are happy! The pic of zacks legs crossed on Danny's is one of the cutest pics ever! Love you guys!

brianandrachelbird said...

Nancy I love the pictures and I love Danny too. I am so glad that he makes you happy, I know you make him happy too!

Alyssa Coberly said...

i freaking love you! and you deserve the best guy EVER ...