After a long week of wanting to run away I wanted to be a good mom and take Zack to do something fun.
First we were of to Kindergarten days at the doctors office. ( still having a hard time with that. I had to still Christies baby so that I didn't cry all day. Thank you Adiyln for being so good and fun.) This was ruff. Zack is use to getting shots he has to get one a week for his Algiers, he does good holds up his arm and then do it. Today was different two in each leg. He flipped out you would have thought they were trying to cut off his leg. Anyway we went to Jumping Jacks with some friends and all the kids had such a great time. So thank you for that.
Then being the mother I am thought I will take him to go see Alvin and the Chipmunks. They were going to be at the mall. Well every other parent in Utah County had the same idea. SO many people, pushing and fighting for a way in. I tryed not to be one of them but kinda was. Zack, Paityn, and Kate loved it. They were rocking out. I guess when your 3 and 4 three man dressed up in chipmunk suits don't seem weird. I was glad we took them, because they did have fun.
After that Jen and I needed a little dinner so we went to Fat Cats so the kids could play and we could eat. This is when I had the most mom moment of my life. PAityn and Kate came out saying Zack just got hit Zack got hit. Then here comes Zack with a little cut on his face that is all red a and bleeding. They let us know what happened, a big kid hit Zack in the face. That's when it all happened I grabbed Zack and went looking for the kid. The little brat was on his way out I ran, after him looking for his mom.( the kid was like 9) At this point Kate, and Paityn are behind me the mom of the little mom acted like she didn't see me and keep going. So i just stop, thinking what am I doing what am I going to say, " Your kid that is 9 hit my kid that is 4 in the face with the boxing bag thing in the play room?" I think Jen thought she was going to see a mom on mom fight. I am glad the mom keep going I would have felt like the biggest jerk in the world saying anything to her. It has just been one of those weeks. I think with the thought of Zack going to school and knowing this is it no more babies I just lost it and wanted to protect him a little to much.
Jen I am sorry you had to see that, it was a little on the weird side I know. Please still be my friend. So Zack and I came home and went to bed. I let him sleep in my room because his little legs hurt from earlier. They were all swollen and red he couldn't even bend them. I hope to be a better mom today!
This was the great Chipmunk Show!!
Kate, Zack and Paityn Zack at Jumping Jacks!
5 comments:
You are so funny, I was dying. You are SUCH a good Mom. Zack is SO lucky.
Nanc ... You are such a cute mom! Hang it there, is all I can say. You are doing an amazing job and Zack is such a lucky little guy. It's hard to watch them grow up ... I've been feeling the very same way. Know that I love ya and if you ever need someone to cry, feel sad or any of the other emotions that come with being a mom, give me call.
Love ya lots! Your cuz ... Jill
PS Isn't Jumpin' Jacks fun? They just opened one down here and I took my kids yesterday. Come down and we'll go together. Tell Zack "hi"!
I have to say I would DIE. I don't think it would have been a bad thing to talk to the mom. When you were saying you were going after her I was thinking "YeS, gO!" Her kid hurt your little boy, that isn't right. But what do ya do I know? I feel for you in that moment, WOW! I feel like sometimes when things happen to my kids, almost like a mother bear. Something in my turns into protective at all costs. Hard to explain, but I am sure you understand. They say never go near a mother bear when she has a cub near :-).
That looks like so much fun, you are a darling mom to take Zack there. And hey I understand the emotion of your child growing up. I have 4 and it kills me each time they make new milestones. Sky gets baptized this year and I want to cry just thinking about it. Even though I am proud of her and it's a great thing. It's my baby!
And Kindergarten, sorry to say, SUCKS! At first just watching them go. And then time goes by and life is okay, and well, has its benefits, f-r-e-e-d-o-m.
But he is your ONLY baby...for now. I can't imagine all you 2 have been through together. He is SO lucky to have such a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l- mother!
I just love that I got to be there to witness it in action. :) You are hillarious! I am laughing out loud remembering you taking off, Kate and Paityn following, and then me asking the girls at the next table to watch my baby while I go chase after Paityn chasing after you. :) LOL! So funny!! That was such a fun night. I just love being around you! Always fun and you're just always such a good friend to me! Just love ya!
Why do I miss all the FUN!!!! I'm just always grateful when it's not my kid in trouble and the other mom is not chasing me! Ha Ha! Well, you hang in there with the whole kindergarten thing. You will have 2 1/2 hours every day to yourself for once in five years. Like Elder Ballard said at conference - "Don't forget about doing things for yourself occasionally". So, though it's tough to see them grow--it will give you some much needed "YOU" time. Love Ya Nancy!!!
Post a Comment