Thursday, May 8, 2008

yum yum

The number one reason I cant drop 5lbs? I love treats. Any kind What ever you got I want. My goal was to try and get down about 5 more pounds but I cant. I love to bake way to much and there for love to eat these treats. I found this new recipe today and made these cookies I think they are good, at least all the dough I ate was good. Try it and and see what you think. I had to make a few changes on some of the things because I didn't have all they called for. Enjoy









A to Z Everything-but-the-Kitchen-Sink Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground mace (this is kinda the same as nutmeg and I didn't have it so I didn't use it)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves(I only had whole cloves so I just pinched of the tops and used them)
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cornflakes cereal, crumbled(we only had frosted flakes so again I used what we had)
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips(I am not a fan of semisweet, I am a milk chocolate girl and love love Ghrorardelli. I also used a 5oz symphony bar the kind in the blue pkg. and only used about 1 cup of chocolate chips)
1 cup chopped walnuts ( I skipped the nuts, the symphony bar has almonds so that worked for me)
DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in milk and vanilla. Gradually mix in the sifted ingredients until well blended. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cornflakes, oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. I found that slightly under baking these yields wonderfully chewy cookies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy, I love your treats your the best. Thanks for sharing. I just try and justify eating these after I run, who cares if they cross each other out!! Luv ya!
Oh and you tell me when are where to be to take Zack's pics, I'd love to.

Jen Bird said...

Sounds delish!! Can't wait to try out another one of your "famous recipes"!!

Lynzi and Sean said...

YUM! Those look so good!! did you get this idea from my cookie chaser race? he he so I don't know exactly when Sean and I are moving...I am thinking I am going out there in Julyish-Sean's date is still up in the air but we will both for sure be there by October 1st! we just need to get our dang house sold (scary!)